Manifestors – “I’ll Do It My Way”
They don’t need to wait for any outside confirmation before taking action. They rely only on their own sense of right timing although that tends to get them in trouble with the people around them when they don’t inform beforehand of what they are about to do!
Most Manifestors are not particularly good at finishing the things they start. They are really not designed to do the sustained implementation of their ideas and projects, or do follow-through and maintenance tasks. Theirs is a creative and initiating energy.
Manifestors give the rest of us things to respond to—they are like the cue ball on a pool table, bumping into the other balls and causing them to move.
With this basic understanding of Manifestors, we’ll look at their issues in relationships after the description of this Series below.
About This Series
Human Design gives us deeply insightful knowledge about the nature of WHO we are and HOW we behave as human beings.
Your personal Human Design chart (you can get your free Human Design chart here) helps you understand the energy dynamics and personality characteristics of YOU.
Human Design also helps you understand the other people around you and the nature of YOUR relationship with them.
This makes possible the achievement of supportive, fulfilling,
and constructive relationships in every area of your life.
And in every relationship in your life!
Wouldn’t THAT be something!
This series of articles about “Human Design TYPES in Relationships” will help you move forward along this most noble and worthy path. 😉
Today’s article explores how the MANIFESTOR TYPE interacts with OTHERS.
Quick Refresher on Human Design TYPES
There are five TYPES of people in Human Design. Type is determined by which Energy Centers (geometrical shapes on your Human Design Chart) are colored in and how they are connected to each other. In other words, your Type reflects your personal energy configuration. Type is usually indicated in writing on a Chart.
Each TYPE has a Role to play in life and has a particular decision-making and action-taking Strategy that is the best and most correct way for that TYPE to operate in life.
Here is a very brief description of the TYPES and their Roles and Strategies:
Manifestor – approximately 8% of the population
Role: to initiate action from ideas
Strategy: inform everyone in your “impact field” before you take action
Generator – approximately 37% of the population
Role: to find the right work and the right partner in life
Strategy: wait to respond with your Sacral energy before you take action
Click here for my article about Generators in Relationships
Manifesting Generator – approximately 33% of the population
Role: to find the right work and the right partner in life (and to find the fastest way to do things)
Strategy: wait to respond with your Sacral energy then inform everyone in your “impact field” before you take action
Click here for my article about Manifesting Generators in Relationships
Projector – approximately 21% of the population
Role: to manage, guide and direct the energies of others
Strategy: wait to be invited into life’s big decisions (love, marriage, career, where you live), and wait to be asked or recognized before sharing your wisdom
Click here for my article about Projectors in Relationships
Reflector – less than 1% of the population
Role: to reflect the health of our communities back to us
Strategy: wait 29 days (full lunar cycle) for clarity before you take action
Click here for my article about Reflectors in Relationships
The MANIFESTOR in the World and in Relationships
Like Projectors and Reflectors, Manifestors do NOT have “sustainable” life force and work force energy. Only Generators and Manifesting Generators have that consistent energy from their Defined Sacral Center. Manifestors have an Open Sacral Center.
This can very much affect their relationships as well as their work choices and life choices.
Manifestors CAN and DO have jobs or businesses and raise families but they can burn out around age 50 (or before) if they are trying to do too much and especially if they are pushing themselves to keep up with the 70% of the population with consistent Sacral energy.
Manifestors don’t “need” people the way other Types need people, which affects how they operate within relationships. Their biggest challenge (and a key piece of their Strategy for success in life) is INFORMING those who will be impacted by their actions before they act.
More so than other Types, they do not like being told what to do. If they feel required to ask permission to do things or feel manipulated in some way, they may become overtly defiant and angry with others or become repressed and turn their anger inward on themselves.
Manifestors have powerful auras and have an energetic impact on those around them. That impact can be positive and pull people in or it can repel people.
They have a much easier time of “making things happen” in the world than any of the other Types.
Some famous Manifestors are: Adolph Hitler, Al Gore, George W. Bush, Johnny Depp, J. Edgar Hoover, Krishnamurti, Jerry Seinfeld, Susan Sarandan, Jack Nicholson, Robert DeNiro, Ra Uru Hu (the man who brought Human Design into the world)
If You ARE a Manifestor . . .
- It’s correct for you to start things, and not necessarily to finish them or to implement all the details. You must learn to delegate and/or move on when it feels correct to do so.
- If you’re feeling stuck or “shut down,” start initiating more in your life. It’s okay to start with small tasks and projects in order to rebuild that “initiating muscle” which may have been suppressed for most (or all) of your life. You’ll feel MUCH better when you are behaving the way you are designed to behave.
- Remember to inform people who may be impacted by your actions before you take action. It may take courage to start doing this and time for it to become a habit, but it will be worth it… your relationships will improve because of it.
- Keep in mind that informing is NOT asking for permission, so don’t be afraid of others saying no or trying to stop you. You can still do as you intended, but you might be wise to take their views into consideration if you can… there’s usually nothing wrong with a second opinion!
- Recognize the impact you have on people around you. You have a very strong and powerful aura. Others will usually feel your presence when you enter a room. Some Manifestors are surprised to learn this about themselves, but the people around them know it to be true!
- Trust what ‘feels’ right to you (not just what your brain-based analysis tells you).
- Manage your energy and take breaks when needed; don’t try to keep up with the sustainable energy of Generators and Manifesting Generators. It’s MUCH easier to avoid burn out than to recover from it.
If You LOVE a Manifestor . . .
- See that you don’t take their anger personally; understand that it’s part of their process.
- Accept that they may not “need” you in the way you need them and that it’s nothing against you. They are designed to act on their own, but they can engage and inspire people when “in tune” with those around them and when keeping them informed of their dreams and plans.
- Don’t interrupt them when they’re in their “groove” of figuring things out and getting things done. Also, they’re not ignoring you—they are simply completely engaged in their own internal process.
- Keep them informed about YOUR actions, and make it easy for them to inform you… without fear of recrimination or rejection.
- Respect their privacy; don’t ask or pry. They may not always be able to articulate what’s going on their mind.
- Trust them in their role of initiating action and giving others things to respond to – that’s what they’re here to do!
- Don’t judge or criticize when they start then stop projects. Trying is often the only way they can know if something is correct for them. Instead, allow them their own consequences—they usually don’t want to be “helped” unless they’ve asked for help.
I invite you to share below any success stories you have had as a Manifestor or as someone in relationship with a Manifestor. Your generosity in sharing for the benefit of everyone is greatly appreciated!
To learn more about each Human Design Type, and each Type in relationship with other Types, see my Success by Type downloadable audio course. You can buy just one or two Types, or all 5 Types!