Reflectors – “Mirror, mirror …”
Reflectors, the last Type in our series on Types in Relationship, are very rare (less than 1% of the population) but are very important pieces in the whole puzzle of humanity.
They are here to reflect the health and well-being of the community they belong to. We gain clarity about ourselves as a group (and to some extent, personally) as we see ourselves reflected back to us through the Reflector—they are our mirror.
They are exceptionally wise beings who should be sitting on a purple cushion being consulted by leaders and elders regarding the health and correct direction of the community. But our modern day environment is often not very Reflector-friendly.
All nine of their Energy Centers are OPEN (white), so they are energetically open and very sensitive beings. Because of this, they are more influenced than any other Type by the Gate energies moving through the moon—all 64 Gates move through the Moon every lunar cycle of 29 days.
To make correct decisions, a Reflector must wait 29 days—through a full lunar cycle—to see how they feel about the decision after moving through all those energetic influences.
You can imagine how challenging that decision-making Strategy is in today’s fast-paced society!
With this basic understanding of Reflectors, we’ll look at their issues in relationships after the description of this Series below.
About This Series
Human Design gives us deeply insightful knowledge about the nature of WHO we are and HOW we behave as human beings.
Your personal Human Design chart (you can get your free Human Design chart here) helps you understand the energy dynamics and personality characteristics of YOU.
Human Design also helps you understand the other people around you and the nature of YOUR relationship with them.
This makes possible the achievement of supportive, fulfilling,
and constructive relationships in every area of your life.
And in every relationship in your life!
Wouldn’t THAT be something!
This series of articles about “Human Design TYPES in Relationships” will help you move forward along this most noble and worthy path. 😉
Today’s article explores how the REFLECTOR TYPE interacts with OTHERS.
There are five TYPES of people in Human Design. Type is determined by which Energy Centers (geometrical shapes on your Human Design Chart) are colored in and how they are connected to each other. In other words, your Type reflects your personal energy configuration. Type is usually indicated in writing on a Chart.
Each TYPE has a Role to play in life and has a particular decision-making and action-taking Strategy that is the best and most correct way for that TYPE to operate in life.
Here is a very brief description of the TYPES and their Roles and Strategies:
Manifestor – approximately 8% of the population
Role: to initiate action from ideas
Strategy: inform everyone in your “impact field” before you take action
Click here for my article about Manifestors in Relationships
Generator – approximately 37% of the population
Role: to find the right work and the right partner in life
Strategy: wait to respond with your Sacral energy before you take action
Click here for my article about Generators in Relationships
Manifesting Generator – approximately 33% of the population
Role: to find the right work and the right partner in life (and to find the fastest way to do things)
Strategy: wait to respond with your Sacral energy then inform everyone in your “impact field” before you take action
Click here for my article about Manifesting Generators in Relationships
Projector – approximately 21% of the population
Role: to manage, guide and direct the energies of others
Strategy: wait to be invited into life’s big decisions (love, marriage, career, where you live), and wait to be asked or recognized before sharing your wisdom
Click here for my article about Projectors in Relationships
Reflector – less than 1% of the population
Role: to reflect the health of our communities back to us
Strategy: wait 29 days (full lunar cycle) for clarity before you take action
The REFLECTOR in the World and in Relationships
Reflectors “need” people because they are “non-energy beings” and rely on the energetic connections that others provide. But they also need alone time to discharge energy they take in through their nine Open Centers.
Like the Projector and Manifestor, the Reflector does not have “sustainable energy.” Only Generators and Manifesting Generators have that. So Reflectors are not wired to “work” a typical job sustainably, which can be an issue in relationships and in earning a living.
They must also talk about their decisions to others, as they are not designed to know themselves and only find their own clarity by seeing it reflected back to them by others. (Yes, it works both ways to some extent!)
They have a VERY different life experience than all of the other Types, so Reflectors can feel alone and misunderstood, and also suffer deep disappointment. They need more attention than most other people, and may at times feel inadequate and believe that they don’t fit in anywhere.
Some famous Reflectors are: Richard Burton, Sandra Bullock, Uri Geller, Rosalynn Carter, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, H.G. Wells, Yul Brenner
If You ARE a Reflector…..
- You must manage your energy; it is not sustainable.
- Your have a subtle but unmistakable personal power from your deep wisdom.
- Recognize and embrace that you are someone who needs others.
- Take time to make decisions (at least 29 days); don’t be rushed.
- Talk to others and/or journal during your decision-making process to build your clarity over time.
- You need a consistent and supportive group of friends and loved ones.
- Don’t criticize yourself for your changeability—you are designed to be open and fluid… you are not fixed, and not designed to be certain about things.
- Know that some people won’t like seeing what you reflect back to them.
- Learn to manage your theme of disappointment. Follow your strategy to minimize energy drains and disappointments.
- Figure out how to remove yourself from constant bombardment of energy from others—your sensitivity is easily overwhelmed in large crowds or with constant exposure.
If You LOVE a Reflector….
- Love them as they are, don’t try to change them; appreciate their very important role for humanity.
- Give them space and time to themselves.
- Allow them to manage their energy; don’t push them.
- Honor their long decision-making cycle.
- Let them talk—they need to hear their issues and feelings reflected back to them through you.
- Help them recognize when an environment isn’t healthy for them.
- Know that they may “need” you more than you need them.
- Know that you will see the truth about yourself through them—and be okay with that.
- Don’t take their disappointments personally.
I invite you to share below any success stories you have had as a Reflector or as someone in relationship with a Reflector. Your generosity in sharing for the benefit of everyone is greatly appreciated!
To learn more about each Human Design Type, and each Type in relationship with other Types, see my Success by Type downloadable audio course. You can buy just one or two Types, or all 5 Types!