How to Make Decisions and Take Actions that Align with Your Authentic Self
Having a how-to manual for your life would be great, wouldn’t it!
- Knowing when to zig and when to zag
- Knowing the best way to approach and influence people
- Making big decisions with confidence
- Knowing when you are on-path to fulfill your soul’s purpose, and how to get back on track when you’ve strayed
This is the core of how your Human Design Strategy can help you. It’s the User’s Manual we’ve all been hoping for!
Even if you already know your Strategy, you will get value from reviewing these basics.
All About Energy Alignment
Here are the fundamentals of using Strategy to help you live a happy and successful life.
There are five energy Types in Human Design—each has a different energetic structure.
The five Types are called: Manifestor, Generator, Manifesting Generator, Projector, and Reflector. You learn which Type you are from your personal Human Design chart. Click here if you don’t have yours yet.
Each energy Type has a specific decision-making and action-taking Strategy.
When you make decisions and take actions using the Strategy for your Type, you align with your natural energetic structure. That alignment allows for “flow” because you’re working with your natural energy, rather than against it. It’s like turning your canoe around and floating easily downstream after having paddled upstream so hard for so long.
Your Type is the PERSONAL energy configuration you were born with-—it does not change over time. The only thing that does change is how you express the energies you carry. That is addressed during a one-on-one Human Design Reading.
Your Role in Life and Your Human Design Strategy
The correct Role for you in life is directly associated with your Human Design Type. This makes it so much easier to choose the right career and work opportunities!
For most of us (~92%!), our correct Strategy is to wait—even if only for a split second—before making decisions and taking actions. But there is much more to it than that.
Below are the basic Roles and Strategies for each Type. In a Full Human Design Reading with me, we would spend 30 minutes or so talking about YOUR Role and Strategy, so you completely get it and know how to use it. But the summary below will give you enough to get started.
From this list you’ll also begin to understand the ways in which others are different from you.
- You are here to make things happen; you are the only Type designed to initiate action directly from ideas.
- You have a “motorized” Throat Center enabling you to impact people and be more easily heard than other Types.
- Inform those in your ‘impact field’ before you take action; wait only for your own sense of timing.
- We informally call it the “throw the spaghetti against the wall and see if it sticks” Strategy since you need to actually start things before you know if they are correct for you.
- Generators are the workforce of the world, with sustainable life force energy for working a job, raising children, etc.
- Your Defined Sacral Center gives you internal guidance on decisions and actions that are correct for you.
- Wait to respond with your Sacral sounds (uh-huh is yes, uhn-uhn is no) before making decisions/taking action.
- This means having a gut/Sacral response to everything and anything around you, which is your indicator of whether something is correct for you to take action on.
- You are also the workforce of the world, with sustainable life force energy for working a job, raising children, etc.
- You are the busiest of the five Types, and may skip steps in your hurry.
- Your Defined Sacral Center gives you internal guidance for making correct decisions; your “motorized” Throat gives you impact and effectiveness.
Manifesting Generator Strategy
- Wait to respond with your Sacral sounds (uh-huh is yes, uhn-uhn is no), then inform those in your ‘impact field’ before making decisions/taking action.
- This means having a gut/Sacral response to everything and anything around you, which is your indicator of whether something is correct for you to take action on (though you may need to start something for final confirmation, and then not continue doing it if it no longer feels correct).
- You are here to manage, guide and direct others and their activities.
- You are not designed to work a regular 9-5 job; your energy is powerful when used correctly but it isn’t sustainable. You need to manage your energy deliberately.
- Wait to be invited into major choices in life (jobs/career, marriage, moving, etc.); wait to be recognized or asked before sharing your wisdom, advice or opinion.
- When you wait, the right people will invite you to the right opportunities. But only accept invitations that feel “delicious” to you!
- You are here to reflect the well-being of your community, family, etc., and be an early warning signal of any problems.
- You are here to be wise about human potential and the human experience.
- Wait 29 days before making important decisions, then take all action needed.
- Surround yourself with good friends and family, and talk about your decisions.
- It may be challenging for you to find the best path for you—go with what feels good.
“Is This Your Final Decision?”
There is another factor that influences our correct decision-making—it is called Authority. It could be the subject of an entire article, but for now I’ll simply say that if your Authority (shown on your personal Human Design chart) has the word “emotional” in it, you need to wait at least a day or two after your initial response before making a decision, to see if your initial answer changes. You are not designed for spontaneous decisions! (You can learn more about how to apply your Authority in a personal Reading.)
I wrote a related article on Human Design Strategy which you can read here.
I would love to read your comments on what you’ve just learned about yourself and your Human Design Strategy, or the results you’ve had if you’re already applying your Strategy in your life. Also, feel free to share this information with your friends. (I’m happy to run charts for them too!)
If you would like to learn more about a Full Human Design Reading with me, click here.